11 Nov 2021
Doha, Qatar: Thursday 11 November 2021.
Aspire Academy was fantastically represented in the recently finished 1st Arab Short Course (25 m) Championships 2021 in Abu Dhabi (UAE). Seven out of ten of the Qatar National Swimming Team players are current Aspire Academy student athletes aged between 14 and 18.
Qatar young Swimmers largely dominated the podium of this 1st Arab Short Course championships claiming the first place in teams advancing all the 174 swimmers from 16 Arab countries participated in this age group championships, in a total of 30 colored medals.
This outstanding participation of Qatar National Swimming team is further decorated with the individual achievement of our student athlete Mohamed Mahmoud who was in incontestably crowned best Arab U-20 swimmer of the whole championships with a total of 7 colorful medals.
The results of Aspire Academy came as follows:
- Mohamed Mahmoud (16-18 years category); Gold in 100 & 200m Individual Medley, 50m Butterfly and 50m Freestyle.
- Kareem Salama (16-18years category); Bronze in 1500m Freestyle.
- Omar Abouelela (16-18 years category); Gold in 400m Individual Medley and Silver in 200m Individual Medley.
- Yousef Abouelela (16-18 years category); Bronze in 50 and 100m Backstroke.
- Ali Al Naimi (14-15 years category); Bronze in 50m Freestyle.
- Abdalla ElGhamry (14-15 years category); Gold in 200m Backstroke and Bronze in 100m Backstroke.
Well Done heroes, we are proud of you.